Sunday 24 June 2012

Boomtown Rat

I used to spend a large proportion of my weekend working.

- Either actually working (in my office)
- or thinking about work
- or shuffling never-ending piles of reports and papers
- or forcing my poor long-suffering husband to listen to monologues about monstrous co-workers whom he is never likely to meet, and about whom furthermore he does not give a f*** (his terminology, not mine...)

But now I seem to have swung - with slightly alarming rapidity, I feel - to the other extreme.

I have just spent a weekend doing absolutely no work whatsover; and on the rare occasions I thought about it, it was with comparatively benign tolerance...

Indeed, all my waking hours this weekend have been spent:

- rehearsing for the play I am in (quite a lot, we rather need it...)
- reading a book recommended by a friend ("The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker - interesting)
- going to a concert of chamber music (two of Beethoven's Piano Trios)
- meeting artists and makers at an open house event (and looking at their beautiful objects)
- booking tickets (for theatre, more chamber music, and an opera)
- planning an imminent trip to the movies with Sue Inner Circle
- doing some writing
- and enjoying some wonderful recovery talk with sane and sound friends

God - its been FABULOUS !!!
I've always wanted to live like this.

Life is booming!
However, I am now starting to empathise with Bob Geldof.
I don't like Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment